Wednesday, May 28, 2008

EF-5

While I was in Hillcrest today at my favorite magazine stand, I found out that the tornado we watched grow outside our hotel room, leveled a small town in Iowa. What started out as some wind and clouds developed into a slow moving swirling mass above the hotel. We could see clouds form; from bus size strands of puff grow in to the size of Yankee stadium in seconds. It was amazing to watch and other clouds started latching on.  I wanted to take photos but was awestruck and realised the camera was full. In the mean time, Chyna was on the phone with our good friend Lindsy, she told us to haul ass over to her place because she has a basement and we can seek shelter there. At that time we knew it was serious. 

more about the ef5 tornado here.

By the time we made it down to the lobby the rain was already pouring and the wind made the rain go sideways. Everyone was glued to the tv in the restaurant/bar at the Magnolia. My wife in the meantime was trying to wrap Lindsy's and Toms present at the front desk. While I was looking at Armageddon unfold outside, I freaked out and yelled* We don't have time for this lets gooooo! Once she got outside she sorta freaked out too. We ran for the car and got in and made our way towards west Omaha. It was raining really hard with a little hail a few cats and some dogs of the larger variety. We made it to L&T's house unscathed. About 10 minutes later it was gone and a rainbow appeared from across the street.



*she told me later it was very dramatic and unmanly. hahaha

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

>she told me later it was very dramatic and unmanly.

hahaha. fuckin sake.

Lindsy said...

That was just the beginning of the beating mother nature has lashed upon Omaha the past month.